Thursday, October 11, 2012

I am human. I am not perfect

I am human. I am not perfect
I'm not the best servant of the Almighty God,
I'm not the best daughter,
I'm not the best friend,
I'm not the best leader,
I'm not the best follower,
I'm definitely no angel,
Who never does any wrong.

I have wronged. I have made mistakes. And sometimes I don't know how to go back to that place where everything was right. Sometimes I don't know how to make it right.

But... We try to do good, and try to show a good example as a human being, and do our best so that our flaws and wrongs aren't flaunted to the whole world, not so that people would think us an angel... Not so that we can be called a goody-two-shoes, but because of what the prophet reminded us a long time ago, and his words still prevail:

مَنْ سَنَّ فِي الإِسْلاَمِ سُنَّةً حَسَنَةً فَلَهُ أَجْرُهَا وَأَجْرُ مَنْ عَمِلَ بِهَا بَعْدَهُ مِنْ غَيْرِ أَنْ يَنْقُصَ مِنْ أُجُورِهِمْ شَيْءٌ، وَمَنْ سَنَّ فِي الإِسْلاَمِ سُنَّةً سَيِّئَةً كَانَ عَلَيْهِ وِزْرُهَا وَوِزْرُ مَنْ عَمِلَ بِهَا مِنْ بَعْدِهِ مِنْ غَيْرِ أَنْ يَنْقُصَ مِنْ أَوْزَارِهِمْ شَيْءٌ

Siapa saja yang mencontohkan di dalam Islam contoh yang baik maka untuknya pahalanya dan pahala siapa saja yang melakukannya setelah dia karena mencontohnya tanpa berkurang pahala mereka sedikitpun. Siapa saja yang mencontohkan di dalam Islam contoh yang buruk maka atasnya dosanya dan dosa siapa saja yang melakukannya setelah dia karena mencontohnya tanpa berkurang dosa mereka sedikitpun. - HR Muslim, Ahmad, Ibn Majah dan An-Nasa'i

No comments: